Does working 4 days a week but with FULL pay sound like a dream?!* T&C’s apply
It doesn’t have to be! Have a better work/life balance and come and work for Outcomes First Group!
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Maple Grove School, Cheshire
Salary: up to £50,000, pro rata, dependent on experience
Hours: 22 hours per week, 3 days a week, 8.30am – 4.30pm
We understand the value of helping our employees to achieve their Continued Professional Development goals and offer a £2,000 training allowance to allow you to complete role specific training tailored to your individual requirements.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be a key member of team and will have the opportunity to continually develop from in house training with our highly qualified Clinical teams. You will be responsible for overseeing and implementing Occupational Therapy. You will undertake agreed delegated management responsibilities for example supervisions, appraisals, and audits. You will also work collaboratively with other clinicians to deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for autistic people with associated needs such as ADHD, social communication difficulties, sensory processing needs and trauma within these educational settings.
Outcomes First Group uses a holistic, therapeutic approach to help our pupils in their daily lives, ensuring they are safe, comfortable, and healthy. Undertaking all aspects of Occupational Therapy clinical duties, you will adhere to professional and regulatory guidelines, carrying out specialist individual assessments and interventions, and preparing relevant documentation, including writing reports. You will also contribute significantly to providing information and training to staff, commissioners, and other agencies.
Our well-established multidisciplinary Clinical Team across the group maintain a nurturing and loving environment, where our pupils can flourish, always putting them at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our pupils are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our pupils, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading service provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for Occupational Therapists who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: Maple Grove School, Cheshire
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland and Wales with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in 2023, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the fourth year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Recognised and relevant Occupational Therapist degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC registration
- Relevant post-qualification experience working as a Therapist, including working with the specific client group in an educational setting
- Driving licence and access to vehicle
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, complex, technical and clinically sensitive information to the specific client group, their carers and families and a wide range of professionals outside the service
- Experience of undertaking appraisal and planning CPD for less experienced staff
- Ability to assume leadership responsibilities whilst working as part of a multidisciplinary team and be proactive in working alone.
- Skills in co-working, liaison and consultation with others, especially with regard to highly complex cases
- Specialist knowledge of OT assessments and interventions
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why work for us?
Alongside working with a network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection and practice development, Outcomes First Group offer an array of flexible benefit options
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- £2,000 training allowance
- Life Assurance
Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- Work 4 days, be paid for 5 *T&Cs apply
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the people in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
Job ID: 219301